There are a lot of different ways in which you can increase web traffic to your website. Some of them are free and some of them are going to be costly. The most important thing to remember is that you need to use legitimate ways that are going to help boost the amount of visitors that you get to come to your website. If you simply can’t afford to spend a lot of money there are some good ways you can increase traffic that are free.
Probably the best and most important thing that you can do to increase web traffic is to try and offer things to visitors that they cannot find somewhere else or at least at a better quality level than they find elsewhere. You can do this by including some of the following:
- Make sure that you include some good quality creative content that is useful and helpful. If you just put together a hodgepodge of information from another site really isn’t going to do much to help increase your web traffic. What you need is to offer your visitors information they might need to be able to reach a particular goal, help them solve a problem or to be entertained.
- Make sure that your content is always fresh. This is important if you want people to come back. This means you need to do regular updates on your website, especially the areas that appear to get the most visits. You should try to put new content on your site every few days if possible, but if not you should update your website at least once per week.
- Another important thing you need to be sure of is that all your tags are where they should be and done correctly. You also need to make sure that all the links you might have on your site are working and not broken.
- Consider outsourcing your article writing. If you find it difficult to generate your own content or don’t have time, make sure that you try and create a writing team with savvy writers who specialize in the topics or topics of your website. But forget to still try to write some of your own articles.
- Consider adding video relevant to your content on your landing pages. Good video is a good way to improve your page landings.
- Consider adding contests to your website, this will always draw some web traffic to your site. Search on Google to find free sponsor programs that can help you set up contests.
Try some backlinking, this can help bring more traffic. By going to sites with similar content that allows either commenting or posting or both and add links to your posts that point their readers back to your website.
Make sure that you use a proofreader. Bad grammar and spelling reflects badly on you and the services you may offer. Also avoid using content generators. This once use to be the thing to do but it is no longer considered a useful tool. Very important note is never simply copy and paste content from another website. Search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN are far too sophisticated today and they can detect copied as well as unoriginal content which will send you to the bottom of the rankings list. Be sure to include keywords that make sense and flow easily within your content. The keywords need to relate to the content as well. Never over stuff keywords this too can result in low rankings.
You can also go to other sites that have similar topics as you site and not just any site you visit. They need to be quality sites. When you find high quality sites similar to your own you can approach them and ask if they exchange links. You should not over do this either.
Don’t forget to include social media to help you get more visitors to come to your site. Consider posting some compelling content that will peak the interest of others who will follow and share your content with others by giving them the opportunity to share and like your content. It takes time to build a group of followers but once you do you should see others promoting your website without even being asked to do so.
Give some free stuff away. Everyone likes to get something for nothing. Some things you might consider are eBook or eBooks with an ad on it regarding your site. Offer free online classes or seminars. These could be held on your site in a chat room. Being “live” entices people more to visit. Free entry to contests is another way. Consider offering online services that are free or free utilities all of which they can access from your website. You also might consider offering free consulting to those who visit your site they can get it through email or even by phone. Consider offering visitors free screensavers or consider templates for cards, business cards, stationary or anything they can print out.
Finally consider using services such as USFreeads.net, Twitter, bloggvertise.com, drop flyers, chat rooms, Youtube, and Google Groups to help increase your traffic. Most importantly though, be patient. All of this can take time. It’s not going to happen over night.